Selling property by Public Auction does not suit every property or indeed every seller. However, with extremely realistic reserve prices our Auction Results consistently demonstrate that buyers are prepared to compete, when they see value, resulting in the best prices possible being achieved on the day.
What are the advantages of selling by auction?
- The marketing campaign is limited to 4 weeks, which has the advantage of concentrating the minds of prospective buyers and generates competitive interest.
- All of the financial arrangements and surveys of prospective buyers must be made prior to the auction date. As a result the successful bidder must immediately sign unconditional Contracts of Sale and pay a 10% deposit on the property being sold to him or her at auction. This ensures the swift completion of the sale process which normally takes four to six weeks from the date of the auction.
Why use Sherry FitzGerald Rainey?
- When it comes to selling property experience counts and this is particularly important in an auction scenario. Having been in business for over fifty years with huge experience in auction sales we can fulfill your objectives of selling as soon as is practical, whilst also obtaining the best price available in the current market.
- As part of the Sherry FitzGerald Group (Ireland’s leading property advisers) we have the national coverage to reach the widest audience possible.
How do you proceed to sell by auction with Sherry FitzGerald Rainey?
- First of all we need to inspect the property, having done so we will confirm in writing our views on the appropriate reserve in addition to the costs involved.
- We commence marketing the property and deal with the legal formalities with your solicitor.
- We carry out all viewings and access to the property for surveyors etc.
- On the day of the auction our experienced team conduct the auction on your behalf. When the reserve price is reached the property is formally put on the market and sold to the highest bidder. Contracts of sale are immediately signed and a 10% deposit paid.
- Your solicitor arranges for completion of the legal formalities and you get paid.
If you have a property which you would like us to consider for our next auction simply give us a call and we will take it from there.